FOR UNITED STATES SENATOR/MISSOURI
DEMOCRATIC PARTY PRIMARY-VOTE AUGUST 7, 2018
- Impeach Donald Trump---We stand in total solidarity with U.S. Representatives Alan Green/Houston, Texas, Maxine Waters/Los Angeles, California and Millionaire Tom Steyler call for the Impeachment of Donald Trump, because of his racist behavior and his administration is a clear danger to world peace.
- Proportionate Political Representation---This concept simply means that whatever percentage we are as a people on the National, State and Local levels of Government, then we should have that percentage of Political Power. It is shameful that we are 13% of the United States Population, yet of the more than 511,000 publicly elected positions we are only 2% of that figure, when we should be at least 13%. Also, shameful is the fact that there are 50 State Governors and none are Black, when there should be at least 6 to 7. In the United States Senate there are 100 Senators and only 3 are Black, when there should be at least 13.
- Full Employment/Increase Minimum Wages By Having A National Minimum Income---It is my belief that every citizen in this country should have a living wage in order to have a life of quality that fulfills the American Dream of Liberty, Justice and Equality. The United States should ensure the provisions of living wage jobs for all, and a guaranteed minimum income to support a life with dignity for every household and individual. This goal is immediately achievable and is intended not only to eliminate poverty—beginning with historically super-exploited and deprived communities—To provide families and individuals with the resources and free time to fully contribute to our community’s social, cultural, economic and political development.
- End Homelessness/Affordable And Decent Housing For All—It is criminal that homelessness exist in this country of opulence and material wealth. Every citizen should have the right to housing that is safe, secure, habitable and affordable, with freedom from forced eviction and the process of redlining traditionally used to discriminate against Black and poor people. In addition, reparations should be provided for the loss of billions of dollars in wealth of working people of all ethnicities, due to the home foreclosures stemming from the United States Government supported sub-prime market scheme.
- Rebuild Urban Cities—After World War II the United States Government spent billions of dollars to rebuild European cities under what was called the Marshall Plan. Accordingly, billions of dollars should be expended to rebuild the Urban core of Americans cities. We are advocating investing Seven Billion, One Hundred Forty Four Million Dollars into redeveloping Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd in St. Louis, Missouri and a major avenue in Kansas City, Missouri to create a Black Wall Street District.
- Free College Education-Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, France, Slovenia have Free College Education, likewise here in the United States that should be the reality.
- Universal Health Care—Switzerland and Singapore have achieved Universal Health Insurance while spending a fraction of what the United States spend on Health Care. We believe that a Universal Healthcare policy should be established that provide quality and equal care for all, regardless of social and financial circumstances.
- Amnesty For Non-Violent Offenders-- In order to repair our family life we support the release on recognizance of all non-violent offenders who are incarcerated. As opposed to incarceration, we advocate community service projects for offenders. During the 1960’s and 70’s many political activists were unjustly targeted and incarcerated because of the counter-intelligence programs of the FBI and other police forces. These prisoners should also be immediately released.
- Community Control Of The Police—The Police force of all communities should reflect the ethnicity of the community that they work within. All police officers should live within the community they work. Effective civilian review boards with subpoena power should be implemented. Finally, the policies and procedures of police forces should reflect the community’s will.
- Decriminalize Marijuana Laws--An estimated 88,000 people per year die from Alcohol related causes, making Alcohol the third leading preventable cause of deaths in the United States. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from second hand smoking. It is a scientific fact that no one has died from smoking marijuana. Accordingly, marijuana laws have been used to incarcerate thousands upon thousands of people causing disruption of individual and family life. Those laws must end.
- Rebuild Black Families--Throughout the history of this country, Black families have been torn apart though a whole range of governmental policies. We support instituting programs that foster the rebuilding of Black families.
- Term Limits For Congress--To prevent Congress from having career politicians, there should be a limit of two 6 year terms (total of 12 years) for the members of the U.S. Senate and six 2 year terms (total of 12 years) for members of the House of Representatives.
- Limit Campaign Expenditures--In elections today, many times it’s not about the quality of the candidate and their ideas; It’s about which candidate spends the most money to get elected.
- Abolish Electoral College---John Quincy Adams (1824), Rutherford B. Hayes (1876), Benjamin Harrison (1888), George W. Bush (2000) and Donald Trump (2016) were the only Presidents to be elected without winning the popular vote. In the 21st Century all presidents in the future should only be elected by popular vote to ensure that democracy prevails. End the Electoral College.
- Juneteenth National Holiday---In response to the abolition of slavery, this historical occasion was established 1865. Therefore, we support the commemoration of this monumental celebration as a national holiday to be honored every year.
- Women empowerment--We support the elevation of women to full and equal partnership to create a more wholesome society whereby the women are also empowered as equal architects of this country.
- Deferred Action For Childhood Arrival(DACA)--We stand firmly against the mass deportation of the people who fall under the umbrella of DACA. They should be provided a pathway to U.S. citizenship.
- Reparations--As the next Senator from the great state of Missouri, I will call upon the House of Representatives, the House of Senate and the President to issue a public apology for the crimes against humanity (Slavery) committed against people of African descent and call for full reparations for this horrendous chapter in this country’s history.
- Support Of Family Farms--Historically, the family farm has always been the primary source of providing nutritious foods for this country's urban core. However, in recent times many of these family farms have been lost to large agric-corporations. We stand against the practices of these corporations and firmly with the small farmers.
- Right To Bear Arms/Gun Reform--We wholeheartedly support the second amendment of the United States Constitution which allows for citizens to bear arms. However, we recognize the ongoing carnage of death caused by gun violence. Each year in America thousands of people are victims of homicide and normally the weapon of choice is a gun. Without a doubt, there needs to be serious gun reform, however there’s a deeper crisis within the American psyche as relates to violence. Therefore, I will immediately convene a task force consisting of the most brilliant minds that we can assemble to put forth solutions to this serious problem of violence in our society.
- Quality Programs For Seniors/Disabled--Dedicating decades of service and building a thriving America our seniors/disabled deserve better quality programs and services which I will work to make happen.
- Remove Africom From Africa--There must be an end to U.S. proxy wars, drone attacks and political subversion of governments in Africa and throughout the world. It is our belief that Africom is a tool for such nefarious practices and thus needs to be removed from Africa. Also, I support an United States of Africa.
- Free Palestine--We support the recognition of all rights of the Palestinian people including the right to an independent Palestinian State and the right to return for all Palestinian refugees.
- Nuclear Weapons Disarmament--In that the U.S. was the first nuclear power and is the only country to have used nuclear weapons and has never renounced First Strike, I support U.S. nuclear disarmament without preconditions as a first and necessary step toward world nuclear disarmament.